Helping Families Recover for Over 10 Years
Need help? Call Now: 1-866-667-0090
12 Step Recovery Program
We provide our clients with a 12 Step recovery program option which dwells upon the doctrines of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) which is an international society created 80 years ago with the sole aim of providing other alcoholics with the necessary help they need to reach sobriety.
Other recovery groups have been created incorporating the 12 steps used in our recovery process. Groups such as Cocaine Anonymous (CA), Heroin Anonymous (HA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) have been created. These steps are also used as the standard by several other models in the treatment of addiction. Right from the moment the AA was founded, these steps have aided millions of persons achieve sobriety which will last for long, recreate the lives they have always dreamt of having and reconstruct damaged relationships.
The 12 Steps of Recovery
The steps outline below serve as a guidelines used in the treatment of issues such as compulsive behaviour, drug addiction and alcoholism.
• We acknowledge the fact that we had no power over drug and alcohol—that we were not able to manage our lives anymore.
• Finally believed that we could be restored to sanity by a Power which was greater than we are.
• Decided to surrender our lives and wills over to the guardianship of God as e comprehended who He is.
• Came up with a fearless and searching moral inventory of ourselves.
• Conceded to other human beings, ourselves and God the precise nature of the thing we did wrong.
• Were fully prepared to let God rid us of all these flaws of our character.
• Request of Him to rid us of our imperfections.
• Came up with a list of all the persons we inflicted harm upon and eventually became ready to make amends in all of such cases.
• Directly amended those persons whenever we had the chance unless when we knew that doing so will inflict pain onto them or others.
• Continuously collected inventories of ourselves and promptly admitted it whenever we were wrong.
• Sought to improve the conscious contact we had with God through meditation and prayer in the way we comprehended him, praying that we be granted only the knowledge of the will He has for us and the required strength to execute it.
• After witnessing a spiritual enlivening due to these steps, we strived to transmit this message to addicts/alcoholics, as well as the practice of these principle in all personal affairs.
Los Angeles Sober Life
The Last House Sober Living has been helping men recover for over 10 years. Our Los Angeles structured sober living homes offer accountability and a path to lasting recovery.
Does a 12 Step Recovery Program Work?
Even though these 12 Steps are one of the most commonly used techniques in the treatment of addiction, they hardly help anyone achieve sobriety only using them. These steps at as living guidelines but people are required to make use of other tools if they wish to achieve sobriety which will last for long. Groups making use of the 12 Steps highly motivate their members to attend meetings regularly and the construction of a firm recovery support structure as a part of an efficient recovery program.
We should not use the three components individually but rather, we should use them together as they are indispensable parts used in the recovery process and continue to provide lots of persons with the help they require to achieve sobriety and reconstruct their lives. Very few persons can stay sober without help from others. A majority of us will require help from others on the road to recovery.
Even though the 12 Steps incorporated in our 12 Step recovery program have effectively helped some people, they may not be regarded as the most efficient solution for everybody. We offer a wide range of other treatment methods which have proven to also be efficient when used in the right way. Like all other treatment programs, it also relies upon the person’s willingness to change.
Request a Confidential Callback
Fill out the form below to speak to one of our Treatment Placement Specialists 24/7.